[SOLVED] computer lag while other computer working

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
me and my brother r connected via the same router with ethernet, if he plays fortnite i will experience packet loss and lag in any other game i try to play (if multiplayer) in the second he stops playing the lag will dissappear is there a way to solve this?

download:66mbps
upload:3mbps

Solution
Many routers have some kind of QoS functionality. You could try limiting your brother's internet speed via QoS on your router but his gaming experience will most likely suffer. You should also check for latency. Anything higher than 100-125ms and gaming won't be too fun regardless of your speeds.

For everyone to have a better internet experience, I would say the best thing you could do is increase your internet speed. Specifically, the upload.
Many routers have some kind of QoS functionality. You could try limiting your brother's internet speed via QoS on your router but his gaming experience will most likely suffer. You should also check for latency. Anything higher than 100-125ms and gaming won't be too fun regardless of your speeds.

For everyone to have a better internet experience, I would say the best thing you could do is increase your internet speed. Specifically, the upload.

Solution

benshalev849

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018

i tried to change the QoS thingy and my IPS blocked the optiont to access the router settings, when asked if they could prioritize my computer they said no.

the p9ing is okay i just get 10% packet loss if not more when playing, the problem is with the upload not download