Question Computer locks up while navigating BIOS ?

Dadrian Daedalus

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
Yesterday while i was gaming for about an hour,the computer suddenly BSOD'd and restarted.After restarting,it got back into windows,BSOD'd again and restarted yet once more.

This time,as the pc was starting up,it suddenly began to boot loop ie it kept turning on and off repeatedly on its own.

Then i switched it off by cutting the power to the pc from the AC mains and left it aside for a while.Then i attempted to start it again,and this time it POSTed just fine,and i decided to check the bios to see if anything was amiss.

However when i entered the bios and was navigating through it,the BIOS suddenly froze and became completely unresponsive.This struck me as really odd,as i had never experienced any freezes inside the bios earlier.

I couldn't figure out what could possibly have caused it-as a precaution,i removed and reseated some of the most likely culprits ie the memory modules and gpu and started the pc again.This time it turned on just fine,and didn't freeze in the bios either.

I ran furmark for a few mins to check for potential issues,also ran windows memory diagnostic but no problems were found.

I used an utility called whocrashed to determine the reason for the BSOD's earlier and it revealed that the first BSOD was caused by "Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" and the second by "Kmode exception not handled" errors.

I wonder what could have caused these problems.Are any components of the pc about to fail? Please note that the PSU is a newly rma'ed RM 750e,which was given to me as a replacement for the TXM 750 that i had earlier as it was malfunctioning.

Any suggestions or ideas on the causes of the issue would be highly appreciated.

the specs of my pc are:

CPU: i5 9400F
board: Asus b365g gaming
Ram: 8+8 gb DDR4 corsair
GPU: Zotac RTX 3060ti
PSU: Corsair Rm 750e.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS