[SOLVED] Computer make buzzing noise when I turn it on.

castletonsnob

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
Heard a buzzing noise when I turned on my computer, so turned it off and on several times.

Pretty sure it's not the HDD, because my computer has an SSD.

Computer's barely a month old. There's no way something's wrong with it already.

Heard the buzzing noise again today and the other day.

I don't know if I'm just not used to the differences between my new computer and my old computer that I had for 7-8 years. I'm not used to there being less of a delay between when you press the power button and when the computer turns on, for example.

Solution
It could be something as simple as a cable has moved and sometimes comes in contact with a fan. Have you closely examined it? Take the side panel off and use a paper towel tube as a "stethoscope". It will halp you localize the noise.

Lutfij

Titan
Include the specs to your entire build including the make and model of your PSU and it's age. You might want to roll up a sheet of A4 paper and hold one end against your ear while the other end is used to probe for the source of the buzzing sound.

kanewolf

Titan
It could be something as simple as a cable has moved and sometimes comes in contact with a fan. Have you closely examined it? Take the side panel off and use a paper towel tube as a "stethoscope". It will halp you localize the noise.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution