[SOLVED] Computer not booting after CPU install

C343

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Hey everyone,

I recently attempted an install of a CPU on my computer. I applied thermal paste and did a pretty straight forward CPU install also resetting the cmos battery. The only problem is that as soon as I turn on my PC, I hear the fans spin for like 2 seconds and then off. It's like a car trying to start but it's not getting power. I see the power supply light blink green once but then it just cuts off. However, when I hold the black manual switch on the power supply the computer sounds like it's booting normally but nothing shows on screen. I would really appreciate any help with this issue as I am completely stuck. I attached a video showing what happens when I try and boot it up.

C343

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
full system spec?

Here you go:

Processor on originally: i5 2500k
Processor being installed: i7 2600k
(Both are causing the same issue, however the i5 previously was working fine before installing)
Intel P67 Express LGA 1155 Motherboard
16gb ram
525 wat psu

(All things from Alienware Aurora R3)

C343

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Hey everyone,

I recently attempted an install of a CPU on my computer. I applied thermal paste and did a pretty straight forward CPU install also resetting the cmos battery. The only problem is that as soon as I turn on my PC, I hear the fans spin for like 2 seconds and then off. It's like a car trying to start but it's not getting power. I see the power supply light blink green once but then it just cuts off. However, when I hold the black manual switch on the power supply the computer sounds like it's booting normally but nothing shows on screen. I would really appreciate any help with this issue as I am completely stuck. I attached a video showing what happens when I try and boot it up.
update I removed the CPU and tried to boot and it started normally

C343

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
check for bend pin on the socket
p.s. it can't boot without a cpu.
Sorry 😂😂 let me clarify, it doesn't cut power when I try and start it without the CPU, but it will not post so your right. But I'll go ahead and check for a bent pin on the motherboard or maybe there's some thermal paste that made its way on the pins. I'll send some pics in a bit. Thanks for you help man