Computer not booting as normal Help needed badly!

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Hello I'm afraid I might of screwed up. I used a bootabble usb with windows 7 on it hoping to dual boot it with 8. I went to bios, and select the usb as the priority. In the installation it said I couldn't use the partition, so I shut down the computer, and reanabled the uefi in bios. However, It won't start up. All I get is "no boot said has been found, or disk has failed." In bios, I selected "restore default settings". No luck. Now in the bios startup options, I no longer have windows boot manager under uefi. Here are the options I have:
AtAPI CD drive
USB HD
USB floppy
Legacy boot:
ATAPI CD
Hard drive SAT0
and USb floppy
I need so much help. I'm really very scared that everything on the computer might be gone. What can I do?

RaklopGaming

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
Unplug your USB device, reset your CMOS and unplug every SATA/IDE device except your primary HDD(the one with Win 8). If this does not help, unplug your HDD, set your USB device as primary and try to boot. If it does not boot, your BIOS might be failing. Good luck, and yeah, inform us about the results ;)

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Thank you! Although, my usb has the windows 7 install files on it. I'm just trying to get back into windows 8.1, to my user account.

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Hang on I re inserted the windows 7 usb. at setup I clicked repair computer. And It had windows 8.1 avalible. Now here's the screen I have:
Windows failed to start. A recent HArdware or software change may be the cause.

File: Windows/system32/winload.exe

0cxe000000e
the selected entry could not be loaded because the app is mislocated or corrupt.

This didn't solve any problems, but whatever it means, I'm sure it is somehow helpful. What now?

RaklopGaming

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Thank you. I used a windows 8 usb and did repair computer. System repair couldn;t repair it. I've tried things like bootrec/fixmmbr and all. After I type in bootrec/rebuildbcd, It shows my OSC drive. It asks if I want to ad it to boot options. When I type Y for yes, it says "the required system device cannot be found"?

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Thanks for answering again.
LAst night in command prompt I used this command: C:\> CHKDSK/R

It took a long time overnight to run disk check, but this morning, it said "Windows has made corrections to the system file. No further action is required. I assume this is a good thing. Where do I go from here?

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Hello I'm really sorr I haven't responded. Right now I'm using my laptop. I have decided to leave my desktop alone for now. I have backed up what I needed. We're going to have it looked at by someone we know. But for now I haven't touched it really.