Computer not connecting to internet after turning on

crazydude5

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
Hi tom's hardware, I'm new here and I would like to know what's wrong with my internet/whatever. I'm kind of computer illiterate so yeah.

When I turn on my PC, the internet does not seem to be connecting but it will work usually after 20-40 minutes.

While the internet is not working, I go to 192.168.1.1 and it will go to the TP link router instead of the one I wired (linksys cisco) and in the TP link it will say about DHCP not responding.

Anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Windows diagnostic says about my computer is correctly configured and something about not connecting to DNS server.

Solution
What is your intended purpose (the why or reason) for having two routers? Do you just need more ports?

Are there any other devices in your network: e.g., ISP provided cable modem or modem/router?

How is that device connected to the routers? How have you connected the ethernet cable between TP Link router and the Linksys Cisco Router?

Which device is handling DHCP? What IP addresses are assigned to each router?

Only one router should be assigning IP addresses via DHCP. The other router should have a static IP with DHCP turned off. Connection between the two routers should be ethernet cable from LAN port to LAN port.

Ralston18

Titan
What is your intended purpose (the why or reason) for having two routers? Do you just need more ports?

Are there any other devices in your network: e.g., ISP provided cable modem or modem/router?

How is that device connected to the routers? How have you connected the ethernet cable between TP Link router and the Linksys Cisco Router?

Which device is handling DHCP? What IP addresses are assigned to each router?

Only one router should be assigning IP addresses via DHCP. The other router should have a static IP with DHCP turned off. Connection between the two routers should be ethernet cable from LAN port to LAN port.

Solution