Question Computer not fully booting up

Nov 17, 2020
Wasn't sure exactly where to ask this, but recently I accidentally dropped my desktop computer. It wasn't very far, I only dropped it a few inches while I was trying to lay it down on my table, but now when I power it on, I get no signal on my monitor. It's not an issue with the monitor or its cables since it works fine on other computers. I thought it might be a problem with the RAM since the computer turns on like normal, but there's no display on the monitor and no lights come on on any of my devices (mouse, keyboard and speakers). Tried messing around with the RAM but nothing changed, and I even used a totally different RAM stick and that still didn't fix anything, so now I'm entirely unsure what the issue might be. Other things I've looked up give me the impression it might be a problem with the power supply somewhere not getting enough power into the computer, or maybe a problem with the motherboard, but I don't know a whole lot about computer hardware, so I can't figure anything else out on my own.

Can anyone give any insight on how I might determine the problem or what the problem might be? I was also considering having it sent to a professional who could tell me what the problem is, but I worry at how much that might cost. Anyone know how much something like that might cost me?

Nov 17, 2020
Well, it's working again. I guess somehow me and my brother both trying like three different RAM cards didn't get it in properly or something. It wasn't working, and then the next morning it was. Not sure exactly what happened, but at least the computer's on again. Thanks for the reply.