[SOLVED] Computer not posting, Blank Display, No mouse or keyboard

Apr 3, 2020
I have a custom built gaming PC with the following hardware

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core 4.2Ghz (Socket AM4)
2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Tune for AMD Ryzen
KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 Super EX Gamer 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
960GB NVMe PCIe M.2 Solid State Drive

It's been fine for a few months and recently i've been having issues where it just doesn't post. the display goes from no signal to a blank signal. no power going to the USB keyboard or mouse. Randomly it used to turn on. I put latest bios on it when it last turned on and still same issue. Recently it just completely stopped showing anything. Spoke to MSI and they said to try taking everything off, then reinstall CPU, graphics and 1 memory at a time. Did that and no luck. They said to try a different memory but I dont have access to spare memory. So they said to send motherboard back to reseller. I did this and the reseller said they've tested motherboard and it's fine. So what can be the problem and is there any way to test this without having to somehow source spare parts because that just seems like a waste of money. Considering everything is under warranty too.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020
Just looking at the original invoice of the parts, its:

1. NZXT H700 Midi Tower Game Case
  2. be quiet! Pure Power 11 500W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply

So seems like the power supply may be 500W. But it's been fine for almost 4 months and only recently started doing this. I have the latest BIOS drivers yes and latest graphics drivers. However, the graphics drivers are more windows related. I'm not getting POST.

What do the small EZ Debug LEDs on your motherboard [next to the 24pin power connector] indicate when you boot?

EZ Debug LED - These LEDs indicate the debug status of the motherboard.

CPU - indicates CPU is not detected or fail.
DRAM - indicates DRAM is not detected or fail.
VGA - indicates GPU is not detected or fail.
BOOT - indicates the booting device is not detected or fail.

Apr 3, 2020
When I first press the power button immediately I can hear fan spinning quite louder than usual with the CPU LED on the EZ Debug lit for a few seconds, that LED then turns off completely and the fan's go much quieter but still spinning and the display signal goes from NO signal to a signal with black screen. All other EZ debug lights are off

When I first press the power button immediately I can hear fan spinning quite louder than usual with the CPU LED on the EZ Debug lit for a few seconds, that LED then turns off completely and the fan's go much quieter but still spinning and the display signal goes from NO signal to a signal with black screen. All other EZ debug lights are off
Try booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS.
Double check the RAM sticks are pushed all the way down in their slots, at both ends.

Apr 3, 2020
So try booting without he M.2 Shield? i've done the RAM stick test so many times. Tried with 1 stick too. Do you think having a 500W power supply can actually cause this issue? I've just read spec of the graphics card and it does say minimum 650W, but funny thing is that it's been working fine until now.

So try booting without he M.2 Shield? i've done the RAM stick test so many times. Tried with 1 stick too. Do you think having a 500W power supply can actually cause this issue? I've just read spec of the graphics card and it does say minimum 650W, but funny thing is that it's been working fine until now.
Boot without your M.2 SSD or any drive to see if the PC will boot straight to the BIOS.
Your graphics card should work most of the time with a lower wattage PSU, but would have problems when it needs more power during heavy gaming than your PSU can deliver.

Apr 3, 2020
Boot without your M.2 SSD or any drive to see if the PC will boot straight to the BIOS.
Your graphics card should work most of the time with a lower wattage PSU, but would have problems when it needs more power during heavy gaming than your PSU can deliver.

Sorry for late reply, I was waiting for motherboard to arrive back from store. They sent me a brand new motherboard anyway but said old motherboard was fine. So I put it all back together and still the exact same issue. I'm getting a completely blank screen. I've tried with just 1 memory module at a time to see if a single module is faulty. It's hard to believe both memory modules could be faulty.

Still no luck, I removed the m2 shield drive completely and still no luck. Only other thing remains is the graphics card and the CPU itself. It's really becoming very frustrating now. Any other suggestions?

Apr 3, 2020
I don't have a spare graphics card to test with. So i've ordered a used very cheap PCI-E 2.0 one. My current graphics card is PCI-E 3.0 and the PCI_E1 port only supports the 3.0 but the PCI_E4 supports 2.0 so the cheap graphics card i ordered should be able to work from the PCI_E4 port i'm assuming. Once it arrives i will swap graphics card out and see. Because the current graphics card is under warranty

Last edited: