[SOLVED] Computer not turning on with more ram

Jul 5, 2020
Hey guys I have a Z97 PC mate motherboard with a max capacity of 32 gb ram , but when i put more than 8, computer doesnt start. I thought it was the PSU but I Installed a better one and same issue, The memory stick per se is also not the problem because it works just fine in my other computer, Help please

Solution
How would a pin CPU shift or a pin get bent by adding some RAM?
Sometimes when the computer case is moved around, bumped or even just strong vibrations can cause CPU pins in LGA sockets to shift out of positions and that is sometimes caused by the heat-sink and thermal paste moving the CPU. Other times improper CPU or heat-sink installation can crush, bend or shift CPU pins out of proper position. A lot of times these issues cause memory slots to stop working, other times it can cause system boot looping and they're often times fixed by reseating the CPU after checking the socket for bent pin.

Although, memory not working can also be because someone put the modules in the wrong or not recommended first slots or just didn't push...
Yes they are the same matching set! What do you mean by " installing the two sticks in DIMM2 and Dimm4 slots. "

Matching set means that the RAM sticks were sold together in the same package.

RAM needs to be installed in certain slots for dual channel https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-PC-Mate#down-manual

Page 1-15 DIMM Slots 2 and 4. If you are looking at you mobo that would be the second and fourth from the left. You don't want to install the RAM side by side.

What RAM are you trying to install? Can you provide a model number from the package?

Jul 5, 2020
It might not be the only issue or even an issue at all. It could just be a CPU pin being shifted or bent out of position or maybe the bios need to be reset when changing memory.

Something odd is actually happening, like @drivinfast247 said, I put the ram in memory slot 2 & 4, and computer didn't work either, tried in 1&4, and gave me error, something like memory or cpu has been changed need to reboot.

How would a pin CPU shift or a pin get bent by adding some RAM?
Sometimes when the computer case is moved around, bumped or even just strong vibrations can cause CPU pins in LGA sockets to shift out of positions and that is sometimes caused by the heat-sink and thermal paste moving the CPU. Other times improper CPU or heat-sink installation can crush, bend or shift CPU pins out of proper position. A lot of times these issues cause memory slots to stop working, other times it can cause system boot looping and they're often times fixed by reseating the CPU after checking the socket for bent pin.

Although, memory not working can also be because someone put the modules in the wrong or not recommended first slots or just didn't push them all the way in.

Something odd is actually happening, like @drivinfast247 said, I put the ram in memory slot 2 & 4, and computer didn't work either, tried in 1&4, and gave me error, something like memory or cpu has been changed need to reboot.
With both modules in slots 2 and 4, reset the bios by using the clear cmos jumper when the system is off or just pull the CR2032 battery for 5 minutes.

If none of that works, you can try reseating the CPU, but don't do it until you have thermal paste to reapply.

Solution