Computer offer advice!

Xmattman13X

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Im looking to trade my PS4 for a mid-low range gaming pc. Does this pc that is being offered have capabilties to run games now at low-medium settings? And are there upgrade capbailities? It has a 550W power supply. A MSI A78M-E35 motherboard. AMD A8 5600k APU. A LG disk drive. A 1 terabyte segate hard drive. And one 4gb geil Evo stick of ram. I don't have any OS installed on it.

Solution
Xmattman13X,

Is this PC custom made or is it from a brand like HP or Lenovo? You will have plenty of space to upgrade if it's a custom made PC but take note that upgrading might cost a bit!

There's no point increasing the gaming performance of the PC by adding a GPU in it because that defeats the purpose of having an APU in your system. The APU is pretty decent if you plan to play modern games such as BF4 or Titanfall on low-medium settings, but for a really immersive gaming experience, high is always suggested but I think this build would struggle a bit handling that.

If you don't mind playing games on low settings, this may be a pretty good and cheap build for a budget gamer to start off. However, take note that this build may not...

Ryan Wee

Reputable
Jul 15, 2014
Xmattman13X,

Is this PC custom made or is it from a brand like HP or Lenovo? You will have plenty of space to upgrade if it's a custom made PC but take note that upgrading might cost a bit!

There's no point increasing the gaming performance of the PC by adding a GPU in it because that defeats the purpose of having an APU in your system. The APU is pretty decent if you plan to play modern games such as BF4 or Titanfall on low-medium settings, but for a really immersive gaming experience, high is always suggested but I think this build would struggle a bit handling that.

If you don't mind playing games on low settings, this may be a pretty good and cheap build for a budget gamer to start off. However, take note that this build may not be able to support latest games for very long and may want to build a second rig soon (Probably 2-3 years), because you cannot add another graphics card because it's already integrated into your CPU.

Hopefully this helps ;)

Ryan

Solution