Computer only boots in Safe Mode, when I try to boot normal, it loads past starting windows and it then goes from black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellFromUp

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015
to display off to black screen to display off, I'm even plugged into onboard graphics (MY card up and stopped working) PLease help. This is really stressful. I can't do full resest (Don't have disc) Tried system restore. Don't have system image. Please. Anything.

cjg225

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Russell.... I feel your pain. I have been fighting this problem for 6 weeks with no tangible success. Only occasionally do I get into Windows normally.

After weeks of reading online, I have come across myriad solutions that others claim work for them but have not worked for me. Try some of these:

1. Boot into safe Mode. Go to Device Manager. Go to your display adapter. Uninstall the drives for your video card. Reboot. Reinstall your video drivers. Reboot. Does it work?

2. Go into BIOS. What is your computer's boot preference for video? Is it defaulting to your onboard video instead of your GPU? Or, in your case, the other way around? Does it think your GPU is the default even if your GPU is dead?

3. Can you sleep your computer with a keyboard key when you get the black screen? If so, try waking it up from there.

4. When you get the black screen, unplug your monitor cable from your PC. Plug it back in. If that doesn't work, try blind-typing your password (or just hit enter if you have no password) and getting to desktop blindly. Now unplug the monitor cable and plug it back in. Does it work?

I have a whole list of sites saved on my laptop with many more possible solutions. None of them work. I managed to get into my desktop after 70 minutes of waiting and fooling around with things in my BIOS, but I am sure that when I try to start up again tomorrow I'll get the same black screen...

It is frustrating as heck. I have absolutely no explanation for this nightmare.

RussellFromUp

Reputable
Jul 2, 2015

You're a beautiful fucking person and I will suck your dick honestly. One more thing though, I came home from school one day to find that my monitors said no connections etc, and I had used my graphics card for about 2 months before hits, can you help me out with fixing that issue? I've been having to rent this shitty laptop, please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.