[SOLVED] Computer only works sideways

May 7, 2021
So, this has been happening for a long time now. Whenever I go to turn my computer on while it's upright, it boots up and stays on for about a minute. The screen then goes black, the fans on gpu stop running, but all the case fans run. I have an xfx rx580 8gb gpu (this is a replacement after the original one started experiencing this problem. This is one of the reasons why I believe it isn't the gpu) I'm not entirely sure what it could be, as I'm not the best at diagnosing PC issues. (BTW, I used a vertical gpu mount just to see if that would work, but it still reciprocated the same problem) I'm getting sick of wasting a bunch of desk space for this computer, plus I can't even see the pretty LED lights in it because it's sideways 😔

May 7, 2021
I think the CPU cooler is not mounted properly and when the PC is upright it falls out of place. Check the cooler.
Good news! I'm on my computer while typing this. AND ITS UPRIGHT lol. I dont think my temps were actually that high, the program I used is broken. Even though its idling at around 30-35 degrees the one still says 80-90. It was most likely just the cooler being mounted wrong (I still cleaned the old paste and applied new stuff) I can't express how grateful and thankful I am to you :) Thank you so much.

Reactions: Jorma28

Jorma28

Commendable
May 3, 2021
Good news! I'm on my computer while typing this. AND ITS UPRIGHT lol. I dont think my temps were actually that high, the program I used is broken. Even though its idling at around 30-35 degrees the one still says 80-90. It was most likely just the cooler being mounted wrong (I still cleaned the old paste and applied new stuff) I can't express how grateful and thankful I am to you :) Thank you so much.
Np