Computer Parts Suggestions (Budget of $1000-$1350)

Mar 11, 2018
Hi, I'm looking to build my first gaming pc at a price point of $1000-$1350. What parts do you recommend for my build? Also I want to know whether i should go for Ryzen or Intel. I want the build to have a GTX 1080 ti and I am unsure what parts I should use for that. I am aware that GPU prices are high but i will buy it off the Nividia website so it will be cheaper.

Solution
Assuming you get the 1080Ti for MSRP of 750$ (which is not going to happen anytime soon), you will have 600$ for everything else.
That might be not enough.
ryzen is fine for 60Hz monitors. but still requires a lot of reading to setup it correctly - read overclocking it the right way and not just boosting cores with multiplier.
intel is good for 100+ Hz monitors and provides much better performance out of the box and much easier to overclock. ideally you pair 1080Ti with 8700K but it costs around 400$ + at least 160$ MB and you are out of budget.
So make your requirements more clear - what you are going to use this system for, what monitor you going to use and what level of tinkering with the system you are prepared to go through - it...
Assuming you get the 1080Ti for MSRP of 750$ (which is not going to happen anytime soon), you will have 600$ for everything else.
That might be not enough.
ryzen is fine for 60Hz monitors. but still requires a lot of reading to setup it correctly - read overclocking it the right way and not just boosting cores with multiplier.
intel is good for 100+ Hz monitors and provides much better performance out of the box and much easier to overclock. ideally you pair 1080Ti with 8700K but it costs around 400$ + at least 160$ MB and you are out of budget.
So make your requirements more clear - what you are going to use this system for, what monitor you going to use and what level of tinkering with the system you are prepared to go through - it might take days to find the best settings.

Solution