Computer performance drastically lowered overnight (FPS Drops in every game)

noobyshark

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
Hi guys, my computer has drastically lowered in performance literally overnight.

My specs are

Proccessor: I7 3770k @ 4.2ghz

Cooler: H100i liquid water cooler AIO

Ram: 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866mhz

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z77

Graphics Card: Asus GTX 780 x2 in SLI

Monitor: BenQ XL2420T

HDD: 1TB Western Digital
SSD: samsung EVO 250G with windows installed on it.

It started this morning when I tried to use my computer and the CPU usage was at 90% with basically nothing running in the background, my sound was stuttering like it was crashing every now and then from what I am assuming was the CPU usage being insanely high.

Beforehand I installed a new Intel graphics driver update so I assumed this was the reason.

I system restored my computer back to just before I installed this update, and it seemed to lower the CPU usage to around 60%. I ended a process that was called Service Host: Local System and disabled Superfetch from starting up and it dropped my CPU usage by 15-20%. (I re-enabled it to see if this fixed the problem but it did not fix it)

After I got my CPU usage to around 20% from random things I tried to play the game Overwatch. I noticed my FPS counter on the main screen instantly went from 180 down to 64. It stayed at almost 64 and would not go over 64 FPS.
I joined a bot game and it legit would not go above 64 FPS. I closed out of Overwatch and reopened it and it went to like 150+ fps in the title screen then it dropped straight down to 64 and was hopping from 63-64 and nothing else. Also when I was playing in the bot game it felt like my shots were being delayed by .25 seconds. Like i would shoot and the bullet would take .25 seconds to actually appear and do damage to the bots.

After this I tried playing Counter Strike Global Offensive to see if it was just Overwatch doing it. To no avail counter strike was running very poorly too. It was stay at like 60-65 fps and sometimes jumping to 200-400 for a few tenths of a second then straight back down to 60. All of my games are just running so poorly literally overnight and I am out of options.
Ive tried googling for hours to find a solution and nothing is working.
I have changed all my Nvidia control panel settings and yes, V-Sync is disabled in global settings. V-Sync is disabled in all of my games as well. It should be well above 150 fps in both games. 2 days before this I was getting 300-400 FPS in CS:GO and 150-200 FPS in Overwatch on Epic settings.

I've rebooted multiple times and I just do not know what to do.
I have cleared my registry, ran a MalwareBytes scan and a Windows Defender Scan, with nothing showing up.
I have done a windows memory diagnostics test and also no problems or errors were found.
I have tried running my computer with and without SLI and running without SLI gives me worse performance than with.
I have updated all my drivers with driver booster 4 and my GPU's are also up to date.
I have monitored my GPU and CPU performance and temps. My GPU's are at there stock clock and I think they are performing correctly. I have used HWmonitor to monitor the temps of both and I believe they are not over-heating. My cpu average is anywhere from 60-70 degrees with Firefox open and only 75 degrees with a game open.
My GPU is at 76 degrees and my 2nd GFX card is at 67 degrees. I have dusted out my computer and it is clean and it is still happening.
I can Fresh install my computer but I would like to see if anyone has ideas to why this is happening before i take that route.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: I just played a short game on Overwatch and my temps at load for my CPU were ranging from 85-91 degrees. could this be an overheating issue? I am idling at like 69 degrees at 20% load( I am using HWMonitor to check this)

TRENDING THREADS