Question Computer Performance slowing down (should I upgrade?)

Alpha Bet

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
So I mainly noticed this issue on GTA 5. About 3 years ago my games were running perfectly fine with my pc (i7 4790k and gtx 980's running in sli). I was able to play the game with a full session on max settings in 1080p at a stable 60 fps with occasional micro stutters. Now when I try to run low settings I can barely reach 60 fps and I always get fps dips. Should I upgrade with sli becoming worse and worse over the years and cpu's getting better? I did do a fresh install of windows 10 to see if that was the issue but it seems that it was not. So I guess my question is, should I upgrade or is there something else I can do to make games run like they used to?

Alpha Bet

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
What are thermals looking like?

Latest drivers?

Your setup should easily run 1080p high in gtav.
I just played the game for about 10 mins then did the ingame benchmark with both low settings and high settings(not maxed out just high). With the low settings I reached a max of 52 C on my cpu and about 40 C on both gpu's. On the high test the cpu stayed the same and the gpu's went up to a max of 42 C. I didnt even get to finish the high settings test because my game crashed halfway through the benchmark. My cpu cooler is a corsair h100i. Also I do have the latest graphics drivers.