Specs
Ryzen 7 5800x
G.Skill 2x16GB 3200 DDR4 (Placed in 2&4) Per mobo specs
Motherboard : Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite
GPU : Gigabyte RTX 3070TI
PSU: CoolerMaster MasterWatt 750
1TB SSD and 1TB HD (Sata)

Problems in details and things Ive tried
Problem : PC will Post to Bios hit Delete Bios Reads Drives, Ram, CPU, Temps and Volts Check Good. If you dont enter bios and it soft resets to the logo to load windows it stops spinning and crashes. Sometimes the CPU fan at this point stops spinning. I've contacted Gigabyte who tells me if it post its not a board problem... BUT...

I've replaced the hard drives with a known working drive. was able to install windows on the said drive with Sata. Installed 100% System rebooted to finish past post bios screen then froze again. I've reset cmos, I've unseated everything and reseated them all down to the thermal paste. I've tried changing the bios between Legacy and non legacy boot. Disabled Fast boot and XMP. I've tried 1 ram stick at a time in different slots. Also ran memtest86 for 24 hours roughly 10-11 passes. Zero Errors. This system is two years old. As of late before total failure it would boot into windows and run 100% prefect but as soon as you restart the PC or shut down.. it would just freeze like i mentioned above. When I could get it to boot I tried DISM, SFC Scan now and chkdisk. Every once in a while it would report an error but fix it. Drive Health in windows showed 85%. Was also getting the following BSODs - DPC Watchdog Voilation and once or twice i got setup failure while trying to change boot types. watchdog happened when i was in windows. Windows Recovery Screen will randomly Freeze at different spots as well.

So to sum it up. I've Reseated, Temps/Terms show good in bios, Computer Post but wont boot windows. Replaced Dives, Cleared Cmos,

Side notes: Also right before this post I've ordered another PSU and Ram so i can swap just to double check they should arrive tomorrow. I cant get another copy of this motherboard.. and the only thing i can find is the B550 from MSI or Gigabyte.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Where did you source the installer for your OS? When installing your OS, you should have all other drives disconnected except for the drive you intend too install the OS on.

In BIOS, disable CSM, then install the OS in an offline mode. Install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, then connect to the internet and let the OS run it's updates.

Apr 22, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Where did you source the installer for your OS? When installing your OS, you should have all other drives disconnected except for the drive you intend too install the OS on.

In BIOS, disable CSM, then install the OS in an offline mode. Install all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, then connect to the internet and let the OS run it's updates.
Bios is F39 the last one that came out in March. sourced the installer from windows creation tool both on first install and format drive and redownloaded with updated this time around. not sure what you mean by offline mode if i cant get it to even finish the install as i said before it power cycles and then crashes.

Apr 22, 2024
new update: Now when booting mouse and keyboard no longer get power to light up. cant enter bios.
Reieved the new ram as well. Installed it zero difference.Removed new Ram. reinstalled old.awaiting psu

Last edited: