Question Computer power issue

Aug 24, 2021
Hello everyone

I have somewhat of an odd power issue here. Occasionally when I press the power button the power LED will light up but the fans won't spin and no boot. So then I have to power it down and flick the PSU switch off and on for it to work again. This is a fairly new build, probably only a year old and I had no issues up until just recently. I'm using an old used InWin case and I changed the power switch and it seemed to have fixed the issue but then it came back. Funny thing though, once the computer is on it can be on for weeks at a time and gaming under heavy loads with no issue at all. Only when booting it occasionally acts a little strange.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Build is:

ASUS Prime B360M-A
i5 9500 3 GHz
MSi GTX 1660ti
16GB DDR4 HyperX Fury
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
Corsair RM 650x

Aug 24, 2021
It has a pretty high potential to be a power supply or a motherboard. I would update bios first, see if that helps, and then I would switch the psu with a spare and see if the issue goes away.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried updating the BIOS but it said I have the latest version. But there actually is one newer version but it said it was for Windows 11 compatibility.

I don't really have another PSU that would work with the 1660ti but what I could try is changing the PSU and trying it out with an older GPU.

Aug 24, 2021
Well I ordered a new case. So I will see what happens with the new case and if there is still any issues I will try another PSU. I was gonna try another case temporarily and another PSU now but I may as well just wait for the new case and then go from there.