Question Computer powers off randomly (happening more and more now)

tuesday0108

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
It started off happening about once every few days, then it turned into once a day. Now it powers off randomly multiple times a day. Before it was only during gameplay, now it can power off with nothing running, but Chrome browser.

I have already replaced the PSU although the PSU I had before was fairly new purchased 5 months ago. The old PSU was an EVGA Supernova 1000. The newer one I just bought is EVGA GT 1000.

I've also noticed my case fans are not spinning properly. The side intake fan was always iffy. It would struggle to spin. I just now noticed the from intake fan is also struggling now. Could this cause my computer to overheat even though I'm doing nothing except browsing? I have since opened up my case entirely and am using a small house fan to blow air into the motherboard

I'm at a loss as to what is wrong. My PC shutdown again as I was writing this post.

My specs are below

Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AV V2.
AMD 7800x3d with Thermaltake AIO 240mm cooler.
Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti running latest driver
Windows 10 with latest updates
GSkill DDR5 memory 2x32gb
EVGA GT 1000 newest PSU (The old one I had purchased 5 months ago was a EVGA Supernova 1000)
Alienware 38" monitor 1600p
Coolermaster HAF932 case

tuesday0108

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
have you checked temps? Is there some report in the windows event manager?
I used core temp and it said Core #0 idles around 88c-90c. I think this must be the problem! If the CPU temps are too high does the system just shut down?

I don't know if my AIO pump was faulty causing the core #0 temp to be this high. The fans were blowing on the radiator though.

Aug 9, 2024
I used core temp and it said Core #0 idles around 88c-90c. I think this must be the problem! If the CPU temps are too high does the system just shut down?

I don't know if my AIO pump was faulty causing the core #0 temp to be this high. The fans were blowing on the radiator though.
yeah, thats way to hot for idle. If you CPU overheats the system shuts down (there should be a report in the windows event manager). I guess your AIO has some sort of problem.