Computer powers up but no screen output

Oct 30, 2018
My computer with a GTX 1050 and an i3-7100 on a Biostar H110MH PRO D4 ( Ver 6.0 ) with simbadda SB-38W PSU won't turn on, when I turn it on with the power button everything turns on (fans, hard drives, power light etc) and then it powers off and powers on again and then it stays on, but it doesn't display anything on the screen (no signal), and it doesn't seem to boot to windows either because it doesn't show on my teamviewer list (which starts at boot even without logging in). there is also no beeps...

Things that i have done:
1. remove the cmos battery and putting it back in
2. removing the gpu and using the hdmi port on the motherboard
3. leaving the gpu on the motherboard and using the hdmi port on the motherboard
4. removing the gpu and putting it back in
5. removing the ram and putting it back in
6. removing the ram and putting it back in on a different slot
7. turning it on with only the hdmi and power connected
8. leaving it off with the power unplugged for a couple hours

this has happened multiple times before and it just randomly works again...

also, there has been a lot of power outages this couple weeks, and a couple weeks ago we just installed a stabilizer (for the electricity) and it looks like they didn't connect the ground cable back (i'm not sure if that is the ground cable or something else, i live in Indonesia and its using 230v 50hz using plug type c and f)

tl;dr : my computer will turn on, an then turn off and then stays on again with no signal to the screen

i'm sorry if i posted this to the wrong category. i'm new to forums...

Oct 30, 2018

Could it break other components? Or could I just replace the PSU? That was the included PSU and I thought it was good enough.. if it did break something else, what is most likely to be the broken component? I don't have any other power supply. I have another psu but it also looks cheap and not recommend by other people.

popatim

Titan
Yes a bad power supply has been know to take out the entire system. Its not the usual outcome though. Unfortunately you need to test every component individually to actually determine what works and what doesn't.

Are you sure your monitor works? Which one is it?