Computer Problem On Startup!!

hawynstud

Honorable
Mar 13, 2014
I am having a problem with my computer. When I turn it on, I will get a black screen with a white underscore on the top left of screen. I will have to keep turning my computer off and on until it finally works. Do you think this is my motherboard? Graphic Card? Please help.

Solution

So the drive is fine. Have you tried using another drive on that computer to see if its the motherboard or drivers?

Faike

Notable
Mar 27, 2017
Is this a desktop or laptop?
I had an issue like this where I just needed to reseat the HDD laptop pin cable thing under the motherboard. Bam no more HDD issues.
Can you use another HDD and see if it boots properly, or plug in your existing HDD into another PC and see if it turns on?
If you do that you can at least run sfc /scannow and chkdsk prompts on it.

hawynstud

Honorable
Mar 13, 2014
Well I can get it to boot on my computer. I just need to keep turning it off and on until it boots. Sometimes it could take a few times and other times it could take hundreds of times.

hawynstud

Honorable
Mar 13, 2014
Okay so I put my hard drive into my wifes computer and it seems to run fine. I don't think the problem is with my hard drive or the cable since I changed the cable as well. Would the problem be with my mother board then??

Faike

Notable
Mar 27, 2017

So the drive is fine. Have you tried using another drive on that computer to see if its the motherboard or drivers?

Solution