Computer Problems With External Componets

batman072

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
If anyone as any idea about the problem i have could you please help. So i have a custom build computer that i build for my brother and it has windows 8.1 on it and there seems to be a problem with the computer. Well after a period of time using the computer it is as if it freezes, no mouse or keyboard works, even audio doesn't work, but the computer is still running, the only thing that works is the monitor. I was playing a game online and i couldnt do anything but i could still watch live game game play. I have checked all the updates for windows and for drives and that hasn't fixed the problem. i have also put it in for a service and the computer guys couldn't find or fix the problem. The computer has an EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Superclocked, ASRock 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard, G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3, AMD FX-8320 8 Core Black Edition Processor, Aerocool VP650 650W Power Supply, CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler.

start with the motherboard. make sure the bios is up to date and check that xmp profile is turned on or amd version of this.
with some ram and amd mb you may have to bump up the dram voltage. as the rig is locking up under gaming load..check in the bios the voltage output of the power supply and run program in windows to watch the power supply voltage output check that the 12v leg stays up. if the unit cant hold the leg up or the unit ripples out it can cause issues.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cases/display/aerocool-psu.html
page two says units not great units.