[SOLVED] Computer random restarts multiple times a day

Jan 11, 2019
In the middle of me using my computer it will force restart with no notice to me. Right before shutting off, the mouse will stop responding and audio will repeat for about 2 seconds, then it restarts. This can happen when I am in a high end game, or when I am just watching Youtube with nothing major in the background.

I built this computer for both gaming and college work (solidworks, simulations, ect.) at the end of this past summer, 4-5 months ago. Components are listed here:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1060 3gb
2x 8gb RAM @ 2400hz
GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-DS3H
EVGA 600 B1, 80+ BRONZE 600W

I checked the events log of critical events, the image should be below even though not all are shown.

XKqok1W.png

• I have done a full system scan with anti-virus and no hits.
    I have checked thermals on my CPU and it is fine.
    I just cleaned internal for dust, changed nothing.

Solution
After one of the shutdowns unplug the system and wait a minute or two. Then take the side off and put your hand on or near the power supply (don't burn yourself). The power supply should not be hot. If it is hot, you have found your problem.

Replace the Power Supply.

If it isn't hot , then a intermittent fault may be the problem. Look for anything grounding the motherboard to the case. Were the motherboard standoffs installed? Is there any areas on the motherboard (or elsewhere) that are burned or scorched?
Jan 11, 2019

Would the best choice be to get a new one? There is a warranty on the power supply still.

After one of the shutdowns unplug the system and wait a minute or two. Then take the side off and put your hand on or near the power supply (don't burn yourself). The power supply should not be hot. If it is hot, you have found your problem.

Replace the Power Supply.

If it isn't hot , then a intermittent fault may be the problem. Look for anything grounding the motherboard to the case. Were the motherboard standoffs installed? Is there any areas on the motherboard (or elsewhere) that are burned or scorched?

Solution

Those Kernel power error are just unexpected shutdowns (not using the Windows shut down procedure).

ry4ntd

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
PSU is not it nor is a loosened cable, I replaced it. Comp was nice enough to wait for the end of my Teamfight Tactics game though, :D. What's my next option? Mobo? i feel like i replaced this one and my CPU recently for a similar issue, so annoyed.