Computer Randomly Black Screens

GrayWoolsey

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
So recently my computer has been black screening and I have no idea why. I've tried many solutions but none have worked. It only happens under certain condition. The only condition I've noticed is when I play World of Warcraft in max settings. When playing World of Warcraft in max settings depending on where I am on the map, my computer will black screen. At first I thought this was a problem with my power supply so I bought a new one. After that my computer was still black screening. When it black screens my motherboard beeps as it does when it's turning on and I can hear the noise Windows makes when it boots up. So the computer restarts without the display being on but being completely blacked out. It doesn't appear to be my CPU overheating either.

EVGA GTX 970
AMD FX 8350
8 GB RAM

GrayWoolsey

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
After installing the drivers with a clean install and a good hour or so of trying to replicate the crash I could not. I assume there was something wrong with the drivers? Maybe my drivers were bugged or corrupted because I just re-downloaded the same exact ones but did a clean install.