Question Computer Randomly Has A Seizure

Feb 23, 2021
Randomly and not very often my computer will do what I can only describe as a seizure/hiccup. it will do the following the audio will distort along with the video source of whatever is being shown it will semi freeze for 1-4 secs max, keyboard rpg will glitch out a bit and this never results into a blue screen and will recover like nothing happened these episodes are random they only last a very short amount of time. I wanted to make sure this isn't anything serious. This is a prebuilt that i got at newegg. It is a asus rog strix GL10DH desktop windows 10. Let me know if you need anything specific. I have everything updated, scanned for malware via malwarebytes, used cc cleaner virus, scanned etc. Looked at event viewer to see if there was anything popping up when this happened and i get nothing. My best guess is its either ram, power suppy, or heat issue but i figured i ask yall what you think.

https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-str...wXE580BrVurJa2-dj5BoCC48QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
Sounds like a Video driver issue or Problematic GPU.

Try reinstalling Motherboard and Video Drivers (Uninstall video drivers with DDU).
If it still has problems, try different (older ) video driver.
If the problem persist, you could try you GPU on another machine.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Since not that old contact newegg, they should fix that.

Didn't see what psu under the specslist which isn't a particularly good sign as well. What psu is used? +maker+model+wattage. If you're not allowed to open the pc by Newegg, just make them fix it.

Feb 23, 2021

Didn't see what psu under the specslist which isn't a particularly good sign as well. What psu is used? +maker+model+wattage. If you're not allowed to open the pc by Newegg, just make them fix it.

I wont be near my computer until later tomorrow I remember it not being a major name brand but a decent prebuilt psu brand that they buy in bulk it was gold certified 650 watts the entire computer is under a 3 or 4 year warranty under square trade. In the past I asked if I was able to switch parts and the original components still be covered and they said yes but only parts originally bought would be covered. So I could replace the psu and the rest be covered if something happened just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Feb 23, 2021

So i found the original newegg listing it states its 500 watt 80+ gold certified, so tried accessing the power supply and there is no visible marking of what brand it is it is a semi modular. I also found a post of me contacting asus about what power suppy they have in it and they stated it could have Acbel, Chicony, and GreatWall also mentioned specific models CHICONY/D16-500P1A REV04 | GREATWALL/GW-ATX500BL(AS) | ACBEL/PCA013-ZA6G | Looking into each one the GREATWALL/GW-ATX500BL(AS) is likely mine from the black color and specific modular ports labels.

https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-str...wXE580BrVurJa2-dj5BoCC48QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds