[SOLVED] Computer randomly restarting. Please help!

Nov 8, 2018
Please help as I'm on the verge of just getting rid of this thing.

I recently built this pc a month ago during black friday and here are the specs:
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: GTX 1070 ti
MOBO: MSI Z390-A Pro
Ram: 16gb DDR4-3000mhz 2x8
HDD: 3TB Western Digital

During the first few weeks whenever i turned it on, it would just keep turning on and turning off repeatedly and i would wait it out until it finally fully turned on.

Later on when I tried turning it on it would still keep doing the same thing, so I then removed one of the ram sticks in order for it to turn on, then I had to shut it down and reinsert it again and it worked fine.

Jump to a few days prior to now, my computer randomly restarted?/shut down? when I was playing a game of Battlefield 1 and my screen went completely blank and nothing was loading up, but my computer was still on and I attempted to push keys on my keyboard and move my mouse but nothing worked, so I once again had to remove and reinsert one of the ram sticks

Then finally later on, the same thing happened but now, it wasnt just a weird shutdown, it was just an abrupt restart now.

I thought one of the Ram/DIMM slots were broken so I tried removing one of them and just kept casually using my computer normally, and yet just as I expected, my computer still randomly restarts.

Also earlier on I overclocked my cpu to 4.4ghz and my ram to 3000mhz with the xmp options, and I thought they were possibly being overheated which was causing it, so i disabled xmp and oc genie on both, but yet still i got random restarts.

I've already updated my BIOS and I dont know what else to do. Any help would be really appreciated. I spent a lot on this and I dont want all of it to just go to waste like this. I've seen solutions such as not possibly installing windows 10 fully/correctly, installing drivers correctly and other things but Im just not sure what exactly it is and its worrying me

Solution
If you do the Memtest and it says it is OK, you are going to have to remove the ram, keep 1 stick in.
remove the GPU and plug into the igpu
Then see if it works and run some tests, obviously you can't game without the ti in, but try this then swap ram out, also try ram in different slots.
Dec 7, 2018
Hi Mate, i had a similar issue, but start with Memtest86 to check memory. Also check you have a [strike]large[/strike] powerful enough PSU.

If it doesn't find any errors probably fresh install windows.

If you do the Memtest and it says it is OK, you are going to have to remove the ram, keep 1 stick in.
remove the GPU and plug into the igpu
Then see if it works and run some tests, obviously you can't game without the ti in, but try this then swap ram out, also try ram in different slots.

Solution