Question Computer Randomly Restarting

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017
Hello, my dads computer has started randomly restarting recently, and by that i mean it goes through the restart cycle, like if you had clicked the restart button in windows, and it always seems to be random, like at one point he'll go 3 or 4 days without it happening, then he has times like yesterday morning when it happened 3 times within the span of about 4 hours, the fact that it's going through the restart process leads me to believe it's not a hardware issue, and i have recently updated all the drivers to see if that fixed it, but to no avail, anyone know what this might be?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU as well, apart from it's make and model. Please include the BIOS version for your culprit system's motherboard as well.

has started randomly restarting recently
Which often times happen due to overheating or that your PSU is incapable of delivering power to all components when they deem it necessary.

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU as well, apart from it's make and model. Please include the BIOS version for your culprit system's motherboard as well.

has started randomly restarting recently
Which often times happen due to overheating or that your PSU is incapable of delivering power to all components when they deem it necessary.
CPU: AMD Athlon X4 quad core 3.8 GHz
Motherboard: ASROCK FM2A68M-DG3+
BIOS: P5.20
Ram: 8 GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: PNY 240 GB
GPU: MSI GT 710
PSU: Kentek 400W about 4 or 5 years old
Chassis: Rosewill 11147262031900354
Monitor: ASUS F9LMTF011621

it's a cheap computer that was built for like $300 about 4 or 5 years ago, and my dad just uses it to browse facebook and check his emails and the like

TRENDING THREADS