Computer Randomly Restarts at night in Windows 7

virtualflying

Honorable
Mar 18, 2016
Alright.
This problem has been going on for about 5 days now and I'm a little mad because I don't know whats causing it.

My Windows 7 is NOT genuine, because I just got a new CPU/Motherboard, and since the old Windows was "tattooed" if you will to the old motherboard, this new Motherboard doesn't have it, so I have to buy a new one.

Here's the problem. Every night (between 11:45 PM CST to 7 AM CST) my computer will just randomly restart, no matter WHAT is running.

I just installed a new SSD so I was wondering if it could be that, because I know it isn't my heat problem, my CPU wasn't being used over 75% of the CPU, and my fans weren't going full RPM.

Can anyone help my on why this might be occuring?
Cheers
Grant

Solution
The problem very well could be literally because its not genuine Windows. Get a new license key before you bother troubleshooting, as not geniune windows is known for issues like this.
In most cases:
If you are using Windows OEM license, yes, you will loose the validity after having new motherboard and/or processor.
You have to buy a new license.

In special case, depending where you live:
In some countries, Windows OEM license agreement does not valid and is against the local law. You can still reactivate Windows via phone call. Meaning, you can simply call Microsoft support center for the re-activation.
Prepare your Windows buying receipt, etc. before making the call.