Question Computer randomly shut off, wont boot anymore with white VGA light

May 21, 2022
I have a relatively new build, all parts are 6 months old.

ASUS B550-A ROG STRIX
R5 5600x
Gigabyte 3070ti
64gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600
2TB Samsung 980 Evo Pro
850W PSU

I have had issues in the past where windows would fail to load, would become corrupted, and I would have to reinstall / repair. This has happened twice in the past 6 months of this build, most recently happening a week ago.

I had it fixed by someone and they had repaired windows, checked the hardware, and said it was fine, as I had thought that maybe the boot device had gone bad. However, the same day it was fixed, it had been running perfectly fine and then randomly restarted, running through bios, and then loading windows. I thought this was strange but maybe there was an update I didn’t see scheduled. However, it did it an hour later and now won’t post, the white vga light is stuck on.

I’ve already tried a different gpu in the pc, it still doesn’t post. The 3070ti works, it’s in another build I have at the moment and runs perfectly fine.

Sorry for the long post, there was a lot of information.

May 21, 2022
EVGA 850 Gold,

If you mean put another PSU in my pc and try to boot, I can try but I only have a 650w PSU which is gonna be cutting it close with my current build. I’ll give it a go though