Computer randomly shuts down in game

xemion_lan

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016
I've been having this issue for a few months where my PC would switch off when I'm playing a game, also frames would be very unstable altough both in game and steam's FPS counter says I'm running it at a constant 60fps.I have to put settings down to low/medium for games to not switch off but even then some games such as Tekken would have stupid frame issues. I haven't dealt with the problem as I was busy with uni but now that I am going to be off for holiday I want to get this issue fixed asap, please help :??:

Specs are:

-Radeon RX 480
-Intel core i5-4690k
-Corsair CX600w
-Corsair Vengence 2×8gb ram
-MSI Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard
-WD Blue 1TB

Solution
Bad power supply most likely. Get a CX450 or CX550, they are newer units with much better-quality components, and they come at a great price. The SeaSonic S12II 520 W is also good. For higher end PSU's, Corsair RMx and EVGA G3 units are great.
Bad power supply most likely. Get a CX450 or CX550, they are newer units with much better-quality components, and they come at a great price. The SeaSonic S12II 520 W is also good. For higher end PSU's, Corsair RMx and EVGA G3 units are great.

Solution

xemion_lan

Commendable
Jul 1, 2016

Is 550w PSU enough power for my build?