Computer randomly shuts down without any warning. Event 41, Kernel-Power

Basxe

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
So i had this problem for over two months now. My computer randomly shuts down, with no warnings or error messages. At first i thought it was windows problem, so i reinstalled windows. Still same thing happens. Then, i thought its my power outlet, so i changed it, tried few other ones in other rooms, but i still have the same problem. Ok, so i thought, maybe my PSU is broken, so i bought new one. Still the same... Few days ago, i bought SSD because it was on sale, installed windows, at first, it was working perfectly, then the other day, i get the same problem, it shuts down randomly, in about 30minutes, max in 1 hour.
But here's the deal. Sometimes, it works perfectly fine, no shut downs, nothing. Then the next day, i get like 1-2 shut downs, and it starts working normaly. Somedays, it randomly shuts down 7-10 times, before starting to work. Take today for an example, Woke up, turned on PC, it worked for like 5 hours (if it works for this long, it usually means it wont shut down). But, i went to buy external HDD and thermal paste, came back home, turned on pc, used it for 30mins and boom, its off again. Im completely lost and have no idea what should i do. I know that the problem is in hardware, but no idea if its motherboard, gpu, cpu... Also in the Even Viewer, i get critical error that says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"
If anyone can help me, please, let me know, because i cant work without my computer...

Solution
What are your temps looking like? you can use cpuid hwmoniter to see. You could download the free trial of aida 64 to stress test your system and moniter temps. montiter your system temps when its running. your gpu shouldnt go over 85c and your cpu shouldnt go much over that. see if this crashes your system.
Need full system specs, including power supply brand and model. This is often a hardware issue, especially since you already did a clean Windows setup. Need to make sure you have a good quality power supply enough to run what you have. If it is, since you got a new one, next thing I would test is the video card.

Basxe

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014

CPU: i7-4770k
GPU: MSI GTX660
PSU: XFX ATX TS750
SSD: WD Green 120gb
HDD: some kind of seagate, forgot the model
Motherboard: MSI B85M-P33

Power supply is good quality, I'd suspect the video card, your motherboard has onboard video connections, take out the nVidia card fully and test system without it. Yes it will be slow, but at least you can run tests on it. Maybe replace the card with a borrowed one from a friend or a cheaper spare you may have, something.

Basxe

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014

Removed my GPU, will test for a few days and see if it works. I was wondering, could it be my motherboard that is failing?

What are your temps looking like? you can use cpuid hwmoniter to see. You could download the free trial of aida 64 to stress test your system and moniter temps. montiter your system temps when its running. your gpu shouldnt go over 85c and your cpu shouldnt go much over that. see if this crashes your system.

Solution