[SOLVED] Computer randomly shuts off with driver failure

Emohobo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
Hello,

Built my wife a computer last year so we could be entertained during the pandemic. Used to be a big computer guy myself but that time has long come and passed and I haven't really kept up on my knowledge. Computer has an Asrock B450, Ryzen 5 3600, RX 560, 750W Corsair Semi Modular PSU, 1TB Samsung M.2 and 8GB of ram. Fairly decent computer, was meant to handle things like Fall Guys and Sims 4 for her. She has maybe 100 hours of use in the past year on this computer because she's never really been a computer person, however over the past month she started college and has been encountering some crazy issue. Out of seemingly nowhere, the screen will turn what I call old TV fuzzy with the gray lines interspersed with colored pixels and then completely crash. I've checked BlueScreenView, Event Viewer and anything else I can think of. I get things ranging from a CPU driver issue to GPU drivers. I've reinstalled every driver, reinstalled windows, flashed BIOS, ran check disk, ran system repair etc. I can't for the life of me figure out where the issue is. The list of errors from the most recent one are as follows:

Critical - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Error - The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer.
Critical - A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.
Critical - The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.
Error - A timeout was reached (45000 milliseconds) while waiting for the AMD External Events Utility service to connect.
Error - The AMD External Events Utility service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
Critical - A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated. This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices.
Critical - The device HID-compliant headset (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 4 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, I would greatly appreciate the help. I've tried everything I can think of outside of replacing hardware which I can't really afford to do currently and with her trying to do her college it's interrupting important exams.

Solution
when reinstalling Windows did you perform a complete drive wipe and fresh install or use another method?

when reinstalling GPU drivers did you just install over again or did you use DDU to totally wipe the existing drivers, settings, & files first.
if not, try that.

motherboard drivers;
are you using the latest set from the manufacturer product support webpages?
and have you updated to the latest available BIOS?

if a fresh OS install and using all latest drivers & BIOS available;
all of these separate errors you're receiving would lead me towards a malfunctioning motherboard.
when reinstalling Windows did you perform a complete drive wipe and fresh install or use another method?

when reinstalling GPU drivers did you just install over again or did you use DDU to totally wipe the existing drivers, settings, & files first.
if not, try that.

motherboard drivers;

all of these separate errors you're receiving would lead me towards a malfunctioning motherboard.

Solution

Emohobo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017

if not, try that.

motherboard drivers;

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply! I did a clean full wipe install, did not use DDU only uninstalled the driver from device manager and did grab the latest from Asrock just 2 weeks ago. I'll give DDU a try to see if that hopefully helps alleviate the issue. I definitely hope its not the motherboard but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised, this was a bit of a cheaper part as I had gone to MicroCenter and they were out of all but this B450. I'll give DDU a shot and update once I have results, thank you a bunch!

did not use DDU only uninstalled the driver from device manager and did grab the latest from Asrock just 2 weeks ago
when installing graphics drivers go straight to AMD or Nvidia for those.
https://www.amd.com/en/support
do not use those provided by the 3rd party manufacturer.
AMD & Nvidia will be offering more up to date versions without all of the included bloatware 3rd parties sometimes cram in with it.