Computer rebooting issue

tovilovi

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
A year ago I started to receive this error, during gaming my computer reboots. Screen goes black, whole computer goes off and then starts up like normal afterwards. It does not happen regularly when playing certain games.The issue has been ongoing for days and then suddenly not appearing for a couple of weeks before occurring again. It happens often while I play heavy games such as Black ops 3, Cs:Go and Battlefield 1, and irregularly while playing my most played game League Of Legends.

Reminder: I built this Pc on my own. While doing so I was aware of electric current and grounded myself regularly. However, this was my first time so there might have happen an error or such while connecting the cables, although I did not have the issue after a year or more.

My computer was also diagnosed with a defect GPU, which was possibly one of the reasons, but the issue appeared soon after I got myself a new Graphics card.

So what I am assuming is wrong, is my components. They are the last thing on what I've read online and as I built the computer myself it could be the whole problem. However, here is what I've tried;

What I've tried to fix this issue:
Checked for viruses numerous times.
Had a company check my CPU and GPU.
Reinstalled Windows 10, 64-bit completely
Checked my PSU usage.
Cleaned it.
There are no beep codes from the Motherboard I think.

Specs:
Cooler Master G750M, 750W PSU
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo CPU Kjøler
Intel Core i5-4460, Socket-LGA1150
Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB 2.5" OEM
MSI Z87 MPOWER, Socket-1150
HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB Black
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

This issue completely isolates me from playing newer games, because of the overload or such. I have no issue using the computer normally, browsing the internet, listening to Spotify, watching movies or anything like that goes perfect. Any help would be appreciated:)

tovilovi

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

So it legit crashed after 10 seconds. Now this is interesting, because this was not the problem stated the IT support I got, which I payed for. I wanted to try it again, but the software seems bugged and won't start, however, what is super wrong with my computer?

tovilovi

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

It ran for about 40-50 minutes without crashing. I ran it on the same settings as i did with the GPU as well. Do I need to get a new GPU/ complain?

It's either the PSU or the Graphics card.

I am leaning towards the PSU since the graphics works normally, but once you stared stressing it the machine restarts.

Normally what that means is the PSU can't handle the added draw of the GPU under stress.

Do you have another GPU or PSU to test?

tovilovi

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Cooler Master G750M, 750W PSU
My PSU might be defect you're saying? It should be enough.

tovilovi

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

If Jankerson's solution don't work, i'll come back to you.

That model isn't exactly the best quality so it is possible.

All you really need is a good quality 550W for that system.

So it would narrow things down if you had another Graphics card to test with that PSU.

tovilovi

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

I live in Norway, but could you recommend a PSU for me? Or a brand:)
https://www.komplett.no/product/915831/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/stroemforsyning/enheter/corsair-tx550m-550w-psu?offerId=KOMPLETT-310-915831# Could this be good?

Oh yeah, that's a great unit. :)

Smart, you picked a good one right off the bat.