[SOLVED] Computer reboots after some time while gaming ?

Oct 3, 2021
Whenever I run a game my computer will just restart after some time. I don't think it is a Temp. issue because it stays at around 60 C. It might have something to do with the internet because it only happens on games that require a internet connection. The specs are

CPU: AMD K19

RAM: 16GB Dual Channel

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X570-P (AM4)

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

PS: 800wat Gold

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Looks like an unsuitable psu, it’s in the tier c low priority group of the Tom’s list. Definitely not a psu to run a power spikes 3070 on. This could be the cause of random shut downs under load https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psucultists-psu-tier-list-rev-14-8-12-07-2021.3624094/

However 90c for the cpu is too hot. A momentary spike even higher could cause thermal protection to shut down the system. What exact cpu and cooler do you have? How many case fans?

Oct 3, 2021
Looks like an unsuitable psu, it’s in the tier c low priority group of the Tom’s list. Definitely not a psu to run a power spikes 3070 on. This could be the cause of random shut downs under load https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psucultists-psu-tier-list-rev-14-8-12-07-2021.3624094/

However 90c for the cpu is too hot. A momentary spike even higher could cause thermal protection to shut down the system. What exact cpu and cooler do you have? How many case fans?
https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Ultra-3070-Ti This is the Computer that I have. I know its pre built but its what I got

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Ultra-3070-Ti This is the Computer that I have. I know its pre built but its what I got
I’m UK based but I know Cyberpower US have a bad reputation around here. At this point I’d contact them and get them to resolve under warranty. What stands out is using a 120mm AIO cooler on a 5800x, just not up to the job and your temperature shows this. Also the low quality psu they have used. They are providing a warranty on the part they chose, I’d use it.

DSzymborski

Titan
The temperature is the most likely cause of this problem, but I'd still upgrade the PSU. It's not the worst PSU in existence -- Apevia has others that compete in that category -- but certainly not something I'd pair with a very expensive GPU.

Have Cyberpower remedy the situation first. If you're stuck with a prebuilt, you may as well take advantage of one of the few benefits.

Oct 3, 2021
I’m UK based but I know Cyberpower US have a bad reputation around here. At this point I’d contact them and get them to resolve under warranty. What stands out is using a 120mm AIO cooler on a 5800x, just not up to the job and your temperature shows this. Also the low quality psu they have used. They are providing a warranty on the part they chose, I’d use it.
I'll try that although I already sent it back to them once and that didn't help although now I know what the problem is so hopefully that will help.

Oct 3, 2021
Ok so I fixed the CPU over heating and that still hasn't fixed the issue, I got a new power supply and that still hasn't fixed the issue. Any other ideas?

Ok so I fixed the CPU over heating and that still hasn't fixed the issue, I got a new power supply and that still hasn't fixed the issue. Any other ideas?
My suggestion was to get Cyberpower to look at it under warranty. Can you run userbenchmark following these changes and share the link to the results. What temperature does the cpu go to when running this benchmark?

Did you change the PSU?

Oct 3, 2021
My suggestion was to get Cyberpower to look at it under warranty. Can you run userbenchmark following these changes and share the link to the results. What temperature does the cpu go to when running this benchmark?

Did you change the PSU?
The results are
UserBenchmarks: Game 146%, Desk 101%, Work 147%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 97.5%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 - 150.4%
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 247.3%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018) - 123.1%
RAM: Crucial BLS8G4D30AESBK.M8FE 2x8GB - 82.3%
MBD: Asus PRIME X570-P
Yes I changed the psu to DQ750-M-V2L

The results are
UserBenchmarks: Game 146%, Desk 101%, Work 147%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 97.5%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 - 150.4%
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 247.3%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2018) - 123.1%
RAM: Crucial BLS8G4D30AESBK.M8FE 2x8GB - 82.3%
MBD: Asus PRIME X570-P
Yes I changed the psu to DQ750-M-V2L
Can you share the public link to the results, it gives more information.

You should have checked the psu tier list I shared the link for. That psu is listed as a tier c low priority with a known issue. It does seem unlikely that 2 PSU’s would give identical issues but then again neither are a good choice.

Is the motherboard BIOS version up to date?

Oct 3, 2021
Can you share the public link to the results, it gives more information.

You should have checked the psu tier list I shared the link for. That psu is listed as a tier c low priority with a known issue. It does seem unlikely that 2 PSU’s would give identical issues but then again neither are a good choice.

Is the motherboard BIOS version up to date?
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47148763
Where would I check bios version for the motherboard?

Nov 11, 2021
Very familiar problem, try checking the paste on the processor. This is a common problem if the paste on the CPU has not been changed in a long time. A lot depends on it, check it and write back later, whether it worked or not, I have some more thoughts on it.