Computer repair help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanji

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
On the system restore, it just takes me to a small window that says I need to select an operating system, and that I need to restart the laptop, choose an operating system and go back to system restore. The problem is I don't know how to select an operating system. No options show to choose an operating system before clicking system restore. Can anyone help please? Thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
why are you running system restore?

that is a very strange reaction from system restore, was your computer an upgrade from win 7 or 8?
I have seen windows 10 get a little confused and offer two choices in reset that both say win 10 when its only really on PC once, this happened just after the creators edition for some people. it seems it can see windows.old folder still.

But neither reset or system restore tell you to choose an OS and restart PC normally, they should know what OS they belong to. System restore should just offer dates to choose from. And then restart and roll system back to then.

Since you have to go into advanced menu of Advanced Startup to get to system restore, I assume you not getting it mixed up with reset.

Nanji

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

I'm doing system restore because I have the error BSOD 0xc000185 when booting, and I only go to the blue screen of death. It was originally windows 8, but it has been windows 10 for the last 3 years. I mean, the option does say system restore.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

see if we can fix the bsod :)

Oct 5, 2021
I have exactly the same problem, can you help me solve it? Some strange error appeared on my laptop, so I decided to do system restore at a time when there was no such error yet. But for some reason, instead of restore, windows seemed to have completely flown off. I have no idea what to do next, so I decided to look for an answer on the Internet, but all I could find was your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.