Question Computer Requires Restart Randomly To Get Past Bios Screen

Takaron

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
Hi all,

As the title says, my computer will occasionally require a restart to get past the Bios screen where it says press F2 or DEL to enter Bios. I usually encounter this every other day when I haven't been on my pc for a while, it will require me to restart to get past the screen? Not sure where to begin, I just did a clean install of Windows and installed the latest bios for my mobo (although it is in beta) and the problem still occurs, is any one else familiar with this problem and found a fix? And will it have long term damage if I keep on doing this?

Thanks guys

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
An older system? What parts in it?

Maybe the motherboard battery is getting weak, try and replace it, doesn't cost much.

Do you take the pc of the power completely when shutting down? Flip the switch on the psu or take the power cable out of the wall socket etc.

Takaron

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
An older system? What parts in it?

Maybe the motherboard battery is getting weak, try and replace it, doesn't cost much.

Do you take the pc of the power completely when shutting down? Flip the switch on the psu or take the power cable out of the wall socket etc.

I have an Asus Maximus VII Hero, so fairly old, have had the system for around 6 years...

I just shut it down and leave it on standby I guess, I don't flick the switch or turn off at the mains

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Ever replaced the battery?

When in the bios time+date are still set right? Maybe setting to optimal default values will help, but would first get a new battery. After that could you change things again, maybe like XMP or other settings.

Takaron

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
Ever replaced the battery?

When in the bios time+date are still set right? Maybe setting to optimal default values will help, but would first get a new battery. After that could you change things again, maybe like XMP or other settings.
Never replaced the battery , didn't even know it had one haha.. I'll look into it and get it replaced, thanks for the help man

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Is this little battery on the motherboard,

2260_-_ikbenstil_moederbord_batterij_cr2032_3v.jpg

if taking some time in between, like 5min., would the bios also be reset to default. Might still want to do optimal default values and check time and date.

Takaron

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015
Is this little battery on the motherboard,

2260_-_ikbenstil_moederbord_batterij_cr2032_3v.jpg

if taking some time in between, like 5min., would the bios also be reset to default. Might still want to do optimal default values and check time and date.
Hi mate,

Replaced the battery as it probably needed a new one anyway, actually found out why it won't boot through... It doesn't register my mouse for some reason, I've got a steel series rival and when I unplug it after being stuck on the BIOS setup screen, it boots through fine.. very weird and not sure of a solution but cheers for your help