Computer Restart Issues No Signal HELP

Repsaj

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Computer does not receive signal upon restarting, waking from sleep, exiting BIOS, or reseting. BIOS and drivers are updated as well as RAM is running at 3000MHZ with XMP Profile enabled for dual channel. I have also cleared CMOS only to encounter the same issue. Sometimes receive one error beep code when RAM is dual channeled and other times when it is one stick. Computer can cold boot perfectly with no errors and then be restarted and get the same problem. Tested RAM in different computer and it seems to work. however when I test 1 stick in my computer and swap it with each DIMM slot it appears that the errors only occur while the RAM is not seated in A2. I have tested both sticks this way. I've ran sfc /scannow, checked both my disks for errors and ran a windows memory test on my RAM and encountered no errors. However I have encountered two BSOD on my week old system, one when waking up from sleep (computer got to the password screen and locked up) another when changing monitor settings (Error 0x0000001a. Also took whole rig apart, clean installed windows and reseated everything to the same problem. anyway to troubleshoot farther or any solutions? Going to replace motherboard soon as that is all I can think of. thanks!

Motherboard: ASRock z370 Extreme 4
GPU: EVGA 1070 TI
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
PSU: EVGA 650w G2
SSD: Samsung Evo 860 500 GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm

hope that's everything.

No CPU listed.

3000MHz memory is for overclocking with Intel "k" model CPU with unlocked multiplier. It may not be suitable for other CPUs.

Memory should be in A2 and B2.

B1 is used when populating all four slots.

Problems with memory slots is often caused by bent or broken pins in CPU socket that occurred during CPU installation.

Errors may also be caused by using a CPU that is not compatible with 3000MHz memory clock speed which is for overclocking.

Repsaj

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Thanks for the response. I have an i5 8600k and got my ram slots confused. I have them in A2 and B2 (2nd and 4th) like you're supposed to. I've also checked the pins and reseated my CPU and they appear fine.

As far as compatibility issues go I built another PC with the same components as mine and the user is overclocking through XMP Profile and Multi core enhancement and has had no problems.

Repsaj

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

I will run a memtest and let you know! I also get the problems when my BIOS is running defaults with no overclocks.

Repsaj

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Rather than running memtest86 I swapped out my DDR4 with other DDR4 and the computer was able to get a signal 1 in 3 times while failing to receive a signal after restart once overclocked and once with BIOS reset. As I don't think my SSD and CPU are bad and have cleanly installed the newest Nvidia driver for my GPU, I am convinced this is an issue with my motherboard. Any more suggestions?