[SOLVED] Computer restarting after about 1 hour when playing some games

Pantche

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Hi everyone,

Like I say in the title, when I play certain games (Dead by Daylight, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy, A Plague Tale: Innocence), after 40-50 minutes the computer restarts itself, but with games like League of Legends and CS:GO its fine.
I upgraded my GPU and RAM about a year ago, added 8GB RAM and the old GPU was RX 460 OC 2GB.
Everytime I searched about this problem on the internet, people always say the PSU is most likely the cause, but with 500W I dont think so.
I noticed that the PC usually restarts itself in loading parts of the games and when the fans are spinning faster, I use MSI Afterburner, so I tried to play those games with it and without it but the results are the same.
After the first restart, if I try to play again the PC restarts again but sooner ( +- 20 minutes).

Computer with 3-4 years
Motherboard: A320m Grenade
CPU: Ryzen R5 1400
GPU: Radeon RX 580 VisionTek OC 8GB
RAM: 16 GB
1TB HDD and 250GB SSD
PSU: 500 W

Solution
Here's a picture of the PSU: https://postimg.cc/r0kYdB8p
The PC its suppose to be a gaming PC by MSI.

They gave you a PSU suitable for the specs they sent you for the amount of time you held a warranty agreement. You added a GPU that was unsuitable for the PSU, which is a low-quality, group-regulated, cheaply made PSU sold by Cooler Master. You're focusing too much on raw wattage number (and for all intents and purposes, it's a 456W PSU, not a 500W one) and not at all on the quality (which is poor).

People are telling you this for a reason. That's the problem with an inappropriate, low-quality PSU: even if it's not directly responsible for a specific problem, the first time there's a difficult-to-diagnose problem, you...

Pantche

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
Btw just tried one of those games again, restarted in 5 minutes.
Everytime it restarts, a red light blinks in the motherboard next to the RAM where it says "EZ Debug LED"

DSzymborski

Titan
Here's a picture of the PSU: https://postimg.cc/r0kYdB8p
The PC its suppose to be a gaming PC by MSI.

They gave you a PSU suitable for the specs they sent you for the amount of time you held a warranty agreement. You added a GPU that was unsuitable for the PSU, which is a low-quality, group-regulated, cheaply made PSU sold by Cooler Master. You're focusing too much on raw wattage number (and for all intents and purposes, it's a 456W PSU, not a 500W one) and not at all on the quality (which is poor).

People are telling you this for a reason. That's the problem with an inappropriate, low-quality PSU: even if it's not directly responsible for a specific problem, the first time there's a difficult-to-diagnose problem, you can only rule out the PSU out by using a quality one.

Solution

Pantche

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016

People are telling you this for a reason. That's the problem with an inappropriate, low-quality PSU: even if it's not directly responsible for a specific problem, the first time there's a difficult-to-diagnose problem, you can only rule out the PSU out by using a quality one.
Do you recommend any cheap and good PSU?

TRENDING THREADS