Computer restarting after entering game

kanyar

Reputable
May 30, 2015
Hello,
I have a computer which i have built myself. I bought the parts separately and it's a gaming computer. The first game i downloaded (Tera) and tried playing, made my computer restart. Now i have had this issue before with my pc before this one. That one would shut down as soon as i entered any game. I found out that the problem was a defect PSU. But im not sure this might be the problem here considering all the parts are new and i just built the pc.

specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/thXgJ8

i would appreciate input on what could be the issue. Note that the pc is restarting and not shutting down. What could be possible issues? should i try it with other games?

Solution
Most likely the power supply, is anything over-clocked? You picked a very marginal PSU for a gaming system, aside from the power rating, the one you picked is on the low end of quality, it's more of a general use PSU. Corsair CXM is a good budget gaming power supply, if you want to stick with EVGA, the SuperNova models are the ones to get.
Most likely the power supply, is anything over-clocked? You picked a very marginal PSU for a gaming system, aside from the power rating, the one you picked is on the low end of quality, it's more of a general use PSU. Corsair CXM is a good budget gaming power supply, if you want to stick with EVGA, the SuperNova models are the ones to get.

Solution