Computer restarting before windows 7 logo is completely formed

AJAXX195_09

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I have a 320GB seagate HDD kept in storage for more than a year .
I took out to built another PC for my brother, when i connected the HDD it boot and get restart (or may be i can say a loop ) just before windows 7 logo get complete and never end.
I formatted and reinstalled Win 7 and it work perfectly on that day.Today i started PC and same problem started.
This is the link of the error [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_qpjF0_DBE&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Things that i had done already.
1> Seagate tool for diagnosis - HDD working perfect.

Please guys suggest me what should I do ?
Thanks in Advance

Solution
Hi.
If formatting doesn't work, it sounds to me a HDD issue. I had a similar problem and all chkdsk and tools said to me that the HDD was working well, I replaced it and the problem was gone. Also you have to validate if you are connecting a sata 2 hdd to a sata 3 port, I lost a SDD 2 years ago for that reason, it should work but it didn't, the MoBo was not happy wit that configuration, happen the same win 7 logo and then restart.

oscamp08

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
Hi.
If formatting doesn't work, it sounds to me a HDD issue. I had a similar problem and all chkdsk and tools said to me that the HDD was working well, I replaced it and the problem was gone. Also you have to validate if you are connecting a sata 2 hdd to a sata 3 port, I lost a SDD 2 years ago for that reason, it should work but it didn't, the MoBo was not happy wit that configuration, happen the same win 7 logo and then restart.

Solution

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi you need to reinstall again your windows, but be sure to delete all partition and create again. Then be sure to format it before to setup. Be sure to adjust size of first partition to bigger size compare of drive d: or second partition.

AJAXX195_09

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

Thanks Sir,
Shall i try connecting in different SATA port !

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

If procedure will not work consider to use a disk manager from the vendor like the seagate. If you downloaded the disk manager burn it in DVD rom and use it as the first boot. So that it will repair the boot sector of your HDD. Then after running the disk manager, fist boot again your windows installer and follow my last procedure. If this will not work consider your HDD is bad. You can try also to use other new hdd to make it assure that the HDD or SATA connector is good in your mobo.

AJAXX195_09

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

Thanks Everyone for helping me.
I changed the sata port and loaded default setting of motherboard and IT WORKED !!!