Question Computer restarting, nothing in event logs, no BSOD - losing my mind

Jul 4, 2024
So this seems to have started happening around the time I swapped out my old AIO cooler with a new, same model. The restarts happen more often playing more demanding games like , I can play like 10-15 mins before it restarts. Less frequent playing other less demanding games - sometimes it will be fine for days. But it will even restart watching videos or doing nothing on the desktop. I've ruled out over-heating, memory, I've double checked the cpu and cooler, reinstalled windows, tried several different settings in bios and default settings, updated bios/cleared cmos, PSU, I've tried up-to-date graphic drivers and tried old drivers. Nothing is working

specs are

asus tuf gaming x570-plus wifi

6900xt

Ryzen 7 5800X

Corsair 32gb ram

evga 1000w

windows 11

Jul 4, 2024
I think I solved it, not sure what i did - maybe a loose power connection somewhere? After installing a new PSU yesterday, and still having the same issue, I forgot to hook up power to one of my HDs. So I opened it up again today and hooked that up, and reseated a bunch of different power cables too just as a "why not". It's been stable ever since, was able to run a game that crashed 10-15 mins for almost 2 hours and still going strong.

TRENDING THREADS