[SOLVED] Computer restarts 3 times after cold start, before finally booting up normally ?

Aug 5, 2021
I have a computer which I got 2 years back ,
Gigabyte Z390 UD
i5 9600k
16 GB corsair single stick RAM
256Gb SSD +1 TB HDD
MSI GTX 1650

It has been a problem for me for a week now ,
after i turn on the PC , it restarts for 3 times and on the 4th start , everything runs normally ,
I didnt had any updates recently , and i cant figure out what the problem is .
Can someone please help me with this
Thank you :D

Solution
Ahhh , just replace the cmos battery on motherboard, you have answered the question yourself.
It is shiny coin like, maybe hidden somwhere on motherboard and you "may" have to remove gpu- ----> "I also have found one more issue , whenever i turn on my PC , it doesnt update the date and time instantaneously but takes few minutes to update the time from Internet , is this related to my above issue? "

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU in your build? Include it's age as well. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? I'd advise on taking notes of your BISO settings(or saving them as a profile in BIOS) before doing the next step. Disconnect from the wall and your display, then press and hold down the power button, remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes, before replacing and see if the issue crops up again. Which slot is that single stick of ram populating on the motherboard?

Aug 5, 2021
Thank you for your response sir ,
I have a Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU , which is 2 years old now ,
and my current bios version is Z390 UD F9
and My Ram Stick is in DDR4_B1 slot of Motherboard

Aug 5, 2021
I also have found one more issue , whenever i turn on my PC , it doesnt update the date and time instantaneously but takes few minutes to update the time from Internet , is this related to my above issue?

Ahhh , just replace the cmos battery on motherboard, you have answered the question yourself.
It is shiny coin like, maybe hidden somwhere on motherboard and you "may" have to remove gpu- ----> "I also have found one more issue , whenever i turn on my PC , it doesnt update the date and time instantaneously but takes few minutes to update the time from Internet , is this related to my above issue? "

Solution

Con_Works

Honorable
Aug 12, 2016
Pretty sure they're pretty generic. Dont need a specific model I believe, however. Unplug your power, and unplug all your USB ports and peripherals and everything before removing and changing the CMOS, could ruin your stuff I've heard.