Computer restarts after 10 seconds

vinylpusher

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Hello,

My pc was running fine. I removed the CPU to check the exact model number for upgrading other parts, cleaned it, applied thermal paste and then reseated it.

Everything was fine reinstalled windows 10 as needed a fresh start.

Purchased and RX480 and installed it, this was fine for a few days.

I went and brought an SSD and a new case. I transferred everything across and managed to get to iOS. I changed it to UEFI only and then went to boot from USB (to install windows 10 on my SSD) it rebooted and went into bios a few times whilst I changed settings.

I then restarted again and now it's stuck turning on and then restarting, sometimes after 3 seconds sometimes after 6 seconds and sometimes after 30 seconds.

I removed everything one by one and I'm now left with a stick of ram and a CPU and fan. Still the same thing.

I removed the CPU and cleaned again and put new paste on. Same thing.

I don't have any spare parts to test CPU, PSU etc. Can anyone offer any advice please???

vinylpusher

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Ok so ive tried the breadboard diagnosis and it still doesnt boot. Literally turns on for 2 seconds and then shuts off. Ive plugged the speaker in and it just clicks twice and then the system turns off and reboots. Anyone?

Kman222

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
do you have all the power cables plugged into the parts? check to make sure you have the motherboard power plugged in, the CPU power plugged in and the GPU power plugged in.

vinylpusher

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Ive removed the GPU from the motherboard for testing. So wouldnt be that and yeah 24 pin and 4 pin CPU is plugged.

Ive tried resetting CMOS by leaving the battery out and short the jumper. No luck.

vinylpusher

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
So i removed the CMOS battery and tried to boot again. Its boots first time for 10 seconds, restarts, boots for 2 seconds, restarts, then boots for 10 seconds BUT the keyboard light comes on and i can press F2

The monitor displays a very basic grey bios screen with no options And just says the name of the MOBO, the speakers gives 1 beep, then switches off.

If i try and do this with the battery in, it just keeps rebooting and wont even let me get to that stage.

Does this mean its not the mobo if im getting some sort of display??

TRENDING THREADS