[SOLVED] Computer restarts every time Heater is turned on

Apr 20, 2020
My computer and room heater are connected to two different power boards. But both power boards are connected to the same wall power socket.

Every time I turn on my room heater, my computer flicks and restarts, as if someone press the reset button...

Why is this? and how do I resolve this problem?

Thank you
Bernard
Sydney, Australia

Solution
when you power on your heater the socket voltage is unstable and it flutuates(for a second). and probably your psu is designed to power off when its unstable to prevent it from catching fire
you can plug your heater to other socket
ps: i am not sure 100% that is correct what i said, maybe its another problem
Apr 20, 2020
when you power on your heater the socket voltage is unstable and it flutuates(for a second). and probably your psu is designed to power off when its unstable to prevent it from catching fire
you can plug your heater to other socket
ps: i am not sure 100% that is correct what i said, maybe its another problem

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution
I agree with @justTEUT4690

So the problem is most likely how you're connecting your heater. You need to find another circuit to put the heater on. That means an entirely different socket and ideally one that's connected to a different circuit breaker back at the power panel.

You also should not ever put an electric heater on an extension cord, only plug it directly into an outlet and one with no other devices on it.

Reactions: justTEUT4690

TRENDING THREADS