Computer restarts repeatedly after 5 seconds on power on

sdf3487

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
I was wondering if any one has ever heard of a computer randomly going into a loop of constantly restarting about 5 seconds after the power button is placed, the computer has worked find for several years now and all I did was unscrew the h50 cpu cooler from the top of my case to clean dust out of it and the whole problem started when I tried to restart it. currently I have the GPU out all front panel connectors disconnected and only one stick of ram installed I have cleared cmos it didnt do anything. I have a week to complete and animation for grad school and all of my programs are on this computer so I am kinda freaking out ,thanks in advance for the help Im hoping it hasn't lived its life

the system is
i5 750 cpu overcloced to 3.7 ghz
Corsair h50 cooler push/pull
GTX 260
16gb corsair vengeance at 1600mhz (4gb installed)
Haf 932 case
2x ocz vertex and raid0

sdf3487

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

I have done everything on that list well i did the first half when I built the computer and did the troubleshooting tonight I am currently taking the whole thing apart looking for a short I unplugged the front panel connectors right away because i thought it could be an issue there because one of the usb ports was damaged by my friend last night but no such luck

CaptAli

Reputable
Mar 30, 2014
I faced the same problem like it keeps rebooting, but i shut it down by holding down the power button but then i was unable to get it loaded up :( basically what i read here about this sort of problems was it's either you CPU, GPU, PSU.
I guess first you better check your PSU by your self it's easy then see if it's working perfectly.
Here is the link check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4