Question Computer running poorly despite MOST tests coming back completely normal?

Aug 7, 2024
I am at my wit's end about this issue, I've been searching for solutions to this for weeks now with no luck... hence I am here! First time posting on any tech forum, hoping someone can help me with this. Let me know if I'm posting incorrectly or anything too.
Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600G with Radeon Graphics
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
Ram: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB (XMP enabled recently)
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060
PSU: Segotep 650W Gold (2 Years old-ish)
BIOS version: 5.11.02.217
Monitor: AOC E2476VWM6 (1080p 60hz)
It is perhaps worth mentioning this computer was pre-built.

Quick backstory for context: I have had some troubles with this computer basically since 3 months into owning it (about 2 years ago) but most of the issues up until now have been relatively minor/ignorable, such as an occasional long stutter once near starting a game and nothing else. Only recently have things changed where I am actively annoyed and frustrated by what's happening. The issues themselves are not always consistent, but one thing is: testing for errors always passes with nothing being shown as wrong.

Now, for what's happening currently: My computer is dropping frames and being sluggish while loading, while doing activities that would normally make it not do those things. For instance, my computer should be able to handle League of Legends at max settings, 1080p 60fps flawlessly. Recently however, it will constantly stutter while mid-game, even if I turn the graphics settings down. That's just the easiest example, other examples like Yakuza 0 and Pizza Tower are more egregious but harder to summarize. They were running fine before, however.

Since this has been happening, I've tried to do my own troubleshooting, but I'm having no luck, because none of my testing is showing anything wrong. I've had Yakuza 0 running while watching task manager, major video/audio stuttering would occur but nothing would show in task manager, not maxing nor overheating. I've removed every possible background task like discord, but made no difference. I've ran my own UserBenchmark, but it's telling me that everything is running fine (or better!) you can see the results here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/68382871 As you can imagine, this is quite frustrating!

The ONLY test so far that has come back with something concerning has been through LatencyMon, which I just found recently through browsing other threads. Yesterday I got a result that my GPU driver was having high ISR/DPC counts and causing delay, so I used Display Driver Uninstall to have a clean installation. It hasn't reached the numbers it was hitting since, but I'm still having the same issues. I don't fully understand the numbers, but this is the only lead I have thus far. In particular, these following drivers are having high counts:

Note: Those two ISR counts are the ONLY ISR counts in the entire list, and while the NVIDIA GPU driver is there, the numbers aren't as high as yesterday.

I figure this must be related to/is the issue SOMEHOW, but I was unable to find a solution in all of my searching of other threads and websites. Hope someone here can help me out :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
118gb free on ssd + what pagefile size eats into that, perhaps ssd performance isn't great. Ssds do require 15~20% free to perform well. Just a stab there, try limit pagefile size, initial to 1024mb and max 2048mb.

Check ssd health with CrystalDiskInfo and scan Malwarebytes.