Question Computer running slow

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
I recently built a computer on February 1st 2019. since even when I first got it was always kinda slow like for example it freezes all the time on fortnite and when just using for daily things i.e checking email, Running a program or even just starting discord it says not responding. At one point I though it was the hard drive so I did chkdsk /f and it continued to give me an error code. Then one day the computer said it failed to boot and fixed itself and I tried a chkdsk and it worked. The resault said my SSD and game drive are A okay. But it did not change the speed it was still really slow. I then asked my friend it he knew what was wrong and he said it could be the motherboard cause it is a cheap one and its one of the only things different from our PC's. Could you guys please tell me if there are any problems with the parts from looking at the parts i used. AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHZ
16GB DDR3 1633mhz Ram
Deep Cool gammaxx 400
AMD RX 570 8GB
AStrape M1-650W psu
480GB SSD 2.5 inch
Deepcool - TESSERACT SW RED ATX Mid Tower Case
Asus M5A78L-M Plus/USB3. thanks

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Chkdsk doesn't really do what you intend it to do here, you want to use something more detailed like SeaTools.

The motherboard could be one of the problems. Even when they're officially supported, running a 125W CPU on an entry-level AM3+ motherboards is strongly not recommended as you can still run into these types of problems until your motherboard eventually burns itself out.

Not crazy about the power supply choice, it's a brand that mostly tries to make power supplies that look cool rather than protect your PC. Usually this company chooses very low-end Andyson platforms. But I'm not sure if that's the issue here in that it's unlikely to directly cause a PC to be slow.

You'll have to go one part at a time and rule out things. A fresh install of Windows is always free, of course. The configuration wasn't as carefully chosen as it should have been and that makes it a bit tricky to diagnose non-obvious PC problems.

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
I did the SeaTools test on my drive and both my drives passed. I think I'm gonna upgrade my pc to a 2700X soon and I will also purchase a 650-watt bronze certified PSU with it. In the meantime I'll try reinstalling windows and if that doesn't work I'll bring it in to be fixed