Computer running slower then normal after a few hours

Jul 16, 2018
Ill use GTAV as an example. After restarting my computer, I get smooth 70-80 fps without drops at all. But after running for a little while, maybe closing it to play a different game and then coming back to it, ill get 40-50 with a lot of stuttering. This is annoying and tbe problem is with any game. Id rather not have to restart every time, so im wondering if theres a solution to this.

Hardware:
NVIDIA GTX 980ti
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
ASrock AB350 Pro4
8GB DDR4
650W PSU

khaleddiv

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018
i think it's a overheating problem .
download a monitoring software like CAM or speedfan and see if the cpu ( or any other componet ) is overheated .
and check all the fan's if that is the problem

Jul 16, 2018
I dont think so, ive monitored CPU and GPU and neither really ever go above 70c at its highest. The fans are running fine, and its not a throttling issue because my computer can restart and get a game open again in under 2 minutes and its straight back to 70-80 even though ive given no time to cool down, and it stays like that for a few hours until it happens again.

khaleddiv

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018
maybe the problem is because you have malwares try running a full scan with malwarebytes and and a full scan with an anti virus
close background programes
download razer cortex for some optimization

Jul 16, 2018
I run full scans on malwarebytes weekly, and I ran one last night with no results. I usually have to close all applications and even set gta on high priority to try and get stable fps when it happens. Ill download razer cortex a d see if that does anything