Computer Science A Level

Jun 10, 2019
I want to do Computer science for A Levels but I have to catch up on all the GCSE stuff. Where or what can I do to get started learning about computer science. How can I expand my knowledge.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
I want to do Computer science for A Levels but I have to catch up on all the GCSE stuff. Where or what can I do to get started learning about computer science. How can I expand my knowledge.
Dont you learn everything you need for a levels at school? Isnt a levels some tests you give at the end of high school for a chance of enrolling to a univercity? Or have I used this term completely wrong?

Jun 10, 2019
Dont you learn everything you need for a levels at school? Isnt a levels some tests you give at the end of high school for a chance of enrolling to a univercity? Or have I used this term completely wrong?
So when I said I have to catch up on all the ‘GCSE Stuff’ it’s because when I was choking the subjects I wanted to learn I did not pick computer science. Now I’ve finished year 11 and I’m going to sixth form to do A levels on computer science so I have to catch up on all the previous stuff that people learned during secondary school. For A levels in sixth form you learn for 2 years and do your exams at the end and then go university.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
So when I said I have to catch up on all the ‘GCSE Stuff’ it’s because when I was choking the subjects I wanted to learn I did not pick computer science. Now I’ve finished year 11 and I’m going to sixth form to do A levels on computer science so I have to catch up on all the previous stuff that people learned during secondary school. For A levels in sixth form you learn for 2 years and do your exams at the end and then go university.
Good luck and have patience, the time will pass faster than you think.

Elon Musk (Steve Jobs re-incarnation) says recently he doesn't require formal education of this employees as long as they posses the required expertise.

So if you are just a networking expert, and u pickup things like THAT from reading just books and able to troubleshoot your own stuff like nobody business, u may not have to spend 2 extra year with all the GE stuff.

There is value on a formal education but I knew from day 1 I wasn't interested in poems or ancient languages blah-blah.

I started with CS then found out I suck at calculus and switched to Information Systems.

Elon Musk (Steve Jobs re-incarnation) says recently he doesn't require formal education of this employees as long as they posses the required expertise.

So if you are just a networking expert, and u pickup things like THAT from reading just books and able to troubleshoot your own stuff like nobody business, u may not have to spend 2 extra year with all the GE stuff.

There is value on a formal education but I knew from day 1 I wasn't interested in poems or ancient languages blah-blah.

I started with CS then found out I suck at calculus and switched to Information Systems.
A level is so focused that you're only doing 3 subjects typically, so that can all be subjects that you are interested in and good at. The GCSE foundation that being referred to is 15-16 yr old, so it's part of a broader more statutory education but with some electives.

TRENDING THREADS