Question Computer screen black after initial turn on

Pure Michigan

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
Computer turns on, windows logo shows and then after loading the screen goes black. It started earlier when I was playing a video game snd the monitor just turned into all horizontal lines and ever since then I can’t get past the loading windows logo. I’ve checked the monitor cables (monitor works fine), I’ve restarted everything and also took parts out of the computer and re-inserted. Anyone have an idea? My computer is 8 years old that I built in 2014 so I guess it wouldn’t be crazy for the components to have died now. Please let me know!

Computer turns on, windows logo shows and then after loading the screen goes black. It started earlier when I was playing a video game snd the monitor just turned into all horizontal lines and ever since then I can’t get past the loading windows logo. I’ve checked the monitor cables (monitor works fine), I’ve restarted everything and also took parts out of the computer and re-inserted. Anyone have an idea? My computer is 8 years old that I built in 2014 so I guess it wouldn’t be crazy for the components to have died now. Please let me know!
GPU driver may have crashed, can you try to BOOT windows in safe mode ?

Reactions: Pure Michigan

Pure Michigan

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2014
Hey countmike, I’ve tried that but it won’t allow me to do that. I also tried to force it by turning the computer off and on 4 times and it shows it’s about to start the process but then right after the screen just stays black. So I either can’t press any buttons or it just crashes again after. I’m feeling like the GPU may just be toast