Computer Shut Down

Mar 15, 2018
Solution

Those CPU temps are pretty high. 80C is the highest you want to ever see and you got an 89C on the hottest core. 12C difference in core temps also temps me the paste may not be spread quite right. In a longer test or long gaming session I would expect 90s and once you get to 100C most processors shut down. I'd remove the CPU cooler, clean the old paste...
Mar 15, 2018
Ya its all i can think it could be since the temps dont seem very high and everything else seems normal but that is there anyway to test if it is for sure the power supply or motherboard?
Edit: Also could something being lose cause this problem?

jr9

Estimable
- Run a stress test with OCCT. Post your max CPU and GPU temps. Note if it crashes during either test. Also try the PSU test afterwards. Overheating is a major cause of PC shutdown.

- Try a different PSU. The voltages in HWInfo look weird but I personally never trust PSU voltage readings from HWInfo.

Mar 15, 2018

https://gyazo.com/7c2da240279173893afc607bcb7048f9 is the stress test which was on large data set.

jr9

Estimable

Those CPU temps are pretty high. 80C is the highest you want to ever see and you got an 89C on the hottest core. 12C difference in core temps also temps me the paste may not be spread quite right. In a longer test or long gaming session I would expect 90s and once you get to 100C most processors shut down. I'd remove the CPU cooler, clean the old paste off, reapply new paste, and remount the cooler after blowing it out.

If you are overclocking, I would revert overclocks for now.

What is your CPU cooler? Stock?

Solution
Mar 15, 2018

Not 100% sure i know its a cooler master, but playing games like cs go i never go above 50c on the cores and it shuts down so do you think doing that would help it? Also i did a power supply test on occt and my pc shut down.

jr9

Estimable
Well the PSU test stresses both the GPU and CPU together to give maximum power draw. If it fails during this test it can be a sign the PSU is failing. It can also be overheating as the CPU is stressed during this test as well.

I would still do a quick remount of the cooler to see if the temps come down. That is quicker than swapping out the PSU and doesn't cost anything if you have the thermal paste. Even with an Intel stock cooler 90C too high. After that I'd definitely swap the PSU if it fails in OCCT. If you don't have one, a shop can do this test for you so you don't end up buying a part and guessing. It could just as easily be a failing motherboard.

Mar 15, 2018

Ok thanks for the help ill try everything here and hopefully nothing to serious will need to be done. Once again thank you for your time :)